The Susan Vaughan Foundation is organized and operated exclusively for religious, charitable, scientific, literary and educational purposes as set forth in the corporation’s Articles of Incorporation. The Susan Vaughan Foundation does not make grants to individuals. The primary focus of the Trustees at this time is concentrated in the areas of the arts, environment, family planning and education, with a geographical emphasis to organizations located in Harris and Travis Counties in the State of Texas.
An application for a grant should be submitted via the link on the Foundation’s website and should include the following:
- A cover letter (can contain #s 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- A summary concerning the applicant
- Details of the project
- Total amount required for the project
- Amount requested from the Susan Vaughan Foundation
Please submit the following items as attachments via the website link:
- Other sources of funds which have been contacted for funding of the project with a statement of results of such contacts
- Operating budget of the organization
- Project budget
- A list of the organization’s Board members
- Copy of the IRS determination letter*
- Most recent Form 990
* The determination letter must state that (1) the organization is exempt from federal income taxation as an organization described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and (2) the organization is classified as a public charity or a supporting organization. If the organization is a supporting organization, please provide an opinion of counsel indicating that the organization is a Type I, Type II or functionally integrated Type III supporting organization.
The Trustees of the Foundation do not permit oral presentations.
After an application has been received, the Trustees will review it at their next scheduled meeting. Applicants will be notified in writing concerning the Trustees’ response to proposals.